Blood Cancer UK Weekly Lottery rules
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance. Entry is open to all residents of Great Britain but excludes Blood Cancer UK employees and third parties directly involved in the administration or management of the Beat Blood Cancer Lottery.
- Not to be sold by or to anyone under 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Your unique lottery number(s) will be generated and confirmed by post within the coming weeks. Your number(s) will remain the same each week. No ticket will be supplied.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator which will select a six digit number (the Winning Number). Only Lottery numbers for players with sufficient credit at the time of the draw will be eligible for prizes. Late or missed payments may result in player’s lottery numbers not being eligible for every draw.
- The Winning Number will be published on the Blood Cancer UK website (lottery.bloodcancer.org.uk) and will be available from the Beat Blood Cancer Lottery Helpline on 01628 829 489. Results will be available from the Monday following the draw.
- Winning combinations will be for players’ lottery numbers which match three or more of the digits in the correct position within the Winning Number. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest will be payable. If you pay by Direct Debit, prizes will be paid directly into your bank account, otherwise a cheque will be sent within 21 days.
- Prizes are as follows: Match 6 numbers in the right place for a prize of £10,000. Match 5 numbers in the right place for a prize of £1,000. Match 4 numbers in the right place for a prize of £25. Match 3 numbers in the right place for a prize of £5.
- The overall chance of winning a prize each week with one entry is 1 in 63
- All profits from the Beat Blood Cancer Lottery go to Blood Cancer UK to continue funding the charity’s work.
- Blood Cancer UK is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- Blood Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Blood Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made regarding the rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
- The rules are subject to change by Blood Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager. Copies of the latest rules will be published on lottery.bloodcancer.org.uk
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Beat Blood Cancer Lottery or these terms and conditions.
- By entering the weekly lottery entrants agree that, in the event of becoming a prize winner, Blood Cancer UK may publish their surname, county or town of residence, and details of the prize awarded on our website. Should you object to our doing so please advise our Supporter Relations team.
- The weekly lottery is operated on behalf of Blood Cancer UK by CFP Lotteries and Raffles LTD, Beechwood, Grove Park, White Waltham, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 3LW. CFP is an External Lottery Manager licensed by the Gambling Commission to conduct multiple society lotteries under licence numbers 103710 and 103711 on behalf of societies such as Blood Cancer UK.
- Blood Cancer UK (the promoter) is licensed by the Gambling Commission under licence numbers 319879 and 306292. This lottery is subject to the laws of England, Wales and Scotland and run under the rules laid down by the Gambling Act 2005.
- All proceeds from this lottery go to Blood Cancer UK (Registered office address: 39 Eagle St, Holborn, London WC1R 4TH) Registered Charity No: 216032 (England and Wales) SCO37529 (Scotland). The responsible person for the weekly lottery is Siobhan Handley, office address 39 Eagle St, Holborn, London WC1R 4TH.
- All proceeds from this lottery will be used for the charitable purposes of Blood Cancer UK. Of the £283081 raised in 2021 a guaranteed 60% of proceeds were returned to the good cause. We allocated 20% of proceeds to fund the prizes and a further 20% to fund the administration of the programme.
Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005. Registration no: 216032 (England and Wales) SCO37529 (Scotland)
Responsible person Siobhan Handley. 39-40 Eagle Street, London, WC1R 4TH. For full terms and conditions visit here
Please gamble responsibly. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, BeGambleAware is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 (lines open 24 hours a day) or visit www.begambleaware.org
If you have any concerns about your gambling and would like to exclude yourself from any future gambling with us or if you would like some assistance in whether your gambling is becoming a problem then please visit our problem gambling page here.
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, CTT Charity Payments Re Blood Cancer UK Direct Debits will notify you 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request CTT Charity Payments Ltd re Blood Cancer UK Lottery to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by CTT Charity Payments Re Blood Cancer UK Lottery or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when CTT Charity Payments Re Blood Cancer UK Lottery asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.